Pinion is delighted to present the Atom watch.
The Atom inherits all of the design and production qualities seen in the previous collection of watches, but priced at £790 (£658.33 ex.VAT) signals it as the new entry-point to the Pinion family.
The Atom is sized at 41mm diameter, with a slim height of 11mm and cased in 316L stainless steel with a bead-blasted finish.
The design of the dial follows the Pinion graphic code established by previous models and presents typographic numerals in white, coated with SuperLuminova (C1-GL) and contrasting radium colouring. For durability, the watch is water resistant to 100-metres depth.
There are two specifications of Atom watch:
- Atom – Dial coloured black in a smooth satin finish, it features a dominant inner raised level, textured with a geometric machining and date display at 6H
- Atom ND (No date)– Anthracite grey brushed dial with radium coloured batons and no date display.
In a new move for Pinion, the Atom utilises the Japanese automatic winding calibre (Miyota 9015) which provides accurate timekeeping and a 42-hour power reserve. The reverse of the watch features a solid steel case back that is engraved with the Atom motif and individually numbered.
As with all of Pinion watches, the Atom is built and tested in England and comes with a hand-made leather strap, leather and canvas watch roll plus international two-year warranty.
The original Atom is now sold out.
We have a limited number of ATOM ND watches now available.
“Since the start of Pinion in 2013, I’ve strived to design a strong visual continuity that connects each of the watches. The Atom furthers the evolution of Pinion design code, with honesty.
However, my challenge with this watch was how I could engineer a product that would lose none of our past manufacture quality for the price point. After working tirelessly towards this, the Atom excels and I am confident customers will be amazed by what we will manage to achieve.”
– Piers Berry, Pinion founder and designer
- Automatic Japanese mechanical movement
- Time in hours, minutes
- Hacking seconds
- Date display
- Push in crown
- Stainless steel case back, engraved
- 20mm Handmade leather strap ( in various options ).
- Japanese Miyota 9015
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Jewels: 24
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Winding: Automatic / self-winding
- Case: 316L Stainless steel, matt bead-blasted finish
- Glass: Sapphire, convex with anti-reflective coating on the inside
- Water resistance: 10AT (100 metres)
- Diameter: 41mm excluding crown
- Case height: 10.5mm
- Total watch height ( Lug to lug ends ): 50mm